Standards are a vehicle for sharing knowledge, technology and good practices. The nature, role and importance of standards in technology, trade, sustainability and legal matters is in itself a subject that can be incorporated in the curricula of technical universities, business schools and other faculties – and this is increasingly recognized in education programmes around the world.
But, above all, students of universities, business schools and other institutions of higher learning, are the potential managers and professional experts of the future. Whether they become engineers, economists, lawyers, business managers or administrators within central or local government, they will be the ones to gain the most advantage from standards – and the ones to decide the future role and features of standardization.
ISO recognizes the fundamental contribution that educational institutions and especially universities) can give to standardization in terms of:
• Teaching what is and what can be achieved through standardization.
• Participating in the development of standards, providing the invaluable contribution of academia’s work.
• Developing academic studies and research work on standardization.
• Quality Management System for International universities.
• Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series for International universities.
• Environment Management System for International universities.
Iraq University College (IUC) adopted (ISO) System in the beginning of the first Jan of 2015 under the auspices and supervision of the QHSE Dept.
ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System at Iraq University College (IUC) which has been applied and the adoption instabilmente training and practiced.